Thursday, September 10, 2009

Not That Rape and Murder are Funny but...

The Comedy Central Roast of Bob Saget
Gilbert Gottfried Pt. 1
www.comedycentral.com
Joke of the DayStand-Up ComedyFree Online Games


I often wonder where the limits of comedy are. And I have to admit that I do not know, for example I would normally not find anything to do with Rape and Murder to be funny, but this on the other hand has been causing me to laugh all day. (see the above clip)

Supposedly Glenn Beck has sicced his lawyers on the owners of this satire web site GlennBeckRapedAndMurderedAYoungGirlIn1990.com

There has got to be a good lawyer joke in there somewhere?

They also have a Facebook page. GB1990

Ars Technica ask the question Can a Mere Domain Name Be Defamation? Glenn Beck says Yes. This article is a good read and addresses rather satire can be used in this way.

Gawker had this to say about the incident; Glenn Beck Pr Genius Spreads the False Rumor He Raped and Murdered a Young Girl in 1990.

And of course left leaning sites like Daily Kos and others are having a field day with this one. Glenn Beck Gets a Dose of His Own Medicine and Doesn't Like It.



Oh and just to be clear, I don't believe that Glenn Beck raped or murdered anyone. But it would be nice to hear him say it.

And I guess I'll end with a quote from the late great George Carlin who said about joking about rape;
They'll say, "you can't joke about rape. Rape's not funny."

I say, "fuck you, I think it's hilarious. How do you like that?"
I can prove to you that rape is funny. Picture Porky Pig raping Elmer Fudd.
See, hey why do you think they call him "Porky," eh? I know what you're going to say.

"Elmer was asking for it. Elmer was coming on to Porky.
Porky couldn't help himself, he got a hard-on, he got horny, he lost control, he went out of his mind."

A lot of men talk like that. A lot of men think that way. They think it's the woman's fault.
They like to blame the rape on the woman. Say, "she had it coming, she was wearing a short skirt."

These guys think women ought to go to prison for being cock teasers. Don't seem fair to me.
Don't seem right, but you can joke about it. I believe you can joke about anything.

It all depends on how you construct the joke. What the exaggeration is. What the exaggeration is.
Because every joke needs one exaggeration. Every joke needs one thing to be way out of proportion.

Give you an example. Did you ever see a news story like this in the paper?
Every now and then you run into a story, says, "some guy broke into a house, stole a lot of things, and while he was in there, he raped an 81 year old woman."

And I'm thinking to myself, "WHY??? What the fuck kind of a social life does this guy have?"
I want to say, "why did you do that?" "Well she was coming on to me. We were dancing and I got horny.

Hey, she was asking for it, she had on a tight bathrobe." I'll say, "Jesus Christ, be a little fucking selective next time will you?"


Glenn Beck @Amazon.com

No comments: