Friday, October 24, 2008

Funny News Story: Farts and Blood Pressure

OK, file this one under, "You probably think I made this up." But it is too funny. This article is why I don't have to search too hard to find something funny, because reality is funnier then anything that I can make up.

The Stink in Farts Controls Blood Pressure.

And as someone who has High Blood Pressure, I can tell you my wife is not going to be happy if they treat this by creating a drug that causes your farts to contain more hydrogen sulfide (H2S).
"Now that we know hydrogen sulfide's role in regulating blood pressure, it may be possible to design drug therapies that enhance its formation as an alternative to the current methods of treatment for hypertension," said Johns Hopkins neuroscientist Solomon H. Snyder, M.D., a co-author of the study detailed in the Oct. 24th issue of the journal Science.

No comments: